Re: [CQ-Contest] Public Logs

To: <CQ-Contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Public Logs
From: "Robert Naumann" <w5ov@w5ov.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Dec 2008 15:51:02 -0600
W3WN Said:

"We've been debating this topic on and off for at least 15 years and yet one
question remains unanswered: Why do YOU want to look at MY log"?

There are myriad reasons why one would want to look at another's log - they
have been stated over and over.

The questions that truly remain unanswered are:

Why does one care if his or her log is made public?

What is there in one's log that one would want to hide?

What is one afraid of?

Why would one choose to not operate a contest that would make one's log
public?

What difference does it make?

I'm sorry, but I do not see any reason to care whether logs are public or
not. The data in a log is meaningless beyond its basic purpose of providing
a record of what one did in a contest.

73,

Bob W5OV