[CQ-Contest] When is a deadline a deadline ?

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] When is a deadline a deadline ?
From: Steve London <n2icarrl@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2009 09:24:59 -0700
We have discussed, ad nauseum, compressing the log submission deadlines in
some contests. Let's not stray into that topic (again !).
However, we should consider the other extreme. For CQWW, for example, we
have adequate log submission deadlines - December 1 (SSB) and January 15
(CW). Contest sponsors have traditionally allowed some leniency for special
(and not-so-special) situations. So, when is a deadline a deadline ? At what
point should a log simply be rejected by the contest sponsor due to
lateness, assuming there is are no special circumstances accounting for the
delay ?

73,
Steve, N2IC