[CQ-Contest] wtb, quick rx checker

To: "reflector cq-contest" <CQ-Contest@Contesting.COM>, "YCCC" <yccc@yccc.org>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] wtb, quick rx checker
From: "K1TTT" <K1TTT@ARRL.NET>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2009 15:51:48 +0000
Is there a simple tool out there that generates a 'relatively' stable signal
that could be used for a quick check of receiver sensitivity?  Not a lab
type instrument, but something handheld that could be plugged in to a
receiver and generate switchable s1/s9/s9+20db type power levels from 160m
to 10m.  I have had a couple cases recently when I would turn on a radio and
it just seemed hard of hearing, but not dead... twice I have found bad
roofing filters, but one I have now that doesn't seem to be the problem.
But the only way I have to test it are some old relatively unstable
generators or just T it in with another 'assumed' good radio and compare
received signals.

David Robbins K1TTT
e-mail: mailto:k1ttt@arrl.net
web: http://www.k1ttt.net