Re: [CQ-Contest] wtb, quick rx checker

To: "K1TTT" <K1TTT@ARRL.NET>, <k3lr@k3lr.com>, "reflector cq-contest" <CQ-Contest@contesting.com>, "YCCC" <yccc@yccc.org>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] wtb, quick rx checker
From: "Georgens, Tom" <Tom.Georgens@netapp.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2009 10:39:59 -0800
Dave -

I won one of those a Dayton a few years back and it has been very
useful.  Like you, sometimes when the bands are dead, I have wondered if
I damaged a radio during the precontest setup.  It is also very helpful
in finding bad connections in the receive path.  In my case the receive
path is thru the wattmeter, amp relay, band pass filters, external
antenna selector, and ICE receiver protector.  There are a lot of
connectors and relay contacts in that path and it is real easy to have
10 or 20 db of loss and not necessarily notice it.

Good Luck and 73

Tom W2SC 8P5A