Re: [CQ-Contest] CQWW CW & 6Y1V Logs

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] CQWW CW & 6Y1V Logs
From: "K1TTT" <K1TTT@ARRL.NET>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2009 01:32:35 +0000
> In my opinion, in a hobby where the stakes are so low, there is no
> monetary reward and most of us do this just for fun, the idea of forcing
> people to open their personal logs for worldwide inspection is not only
> ludicrous but it is downright shameful.

In my opinion, SINCE the stakes are so low, and there is no monetary reward,
and since sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me,
and since the contest committee's rulings are final, why NOT publish logs to
the world?  Its not like any contacts you made were secret, anybody with a
radio could hear you make them... and anyone with a skimmer or a time
machine recorder could capture a whole bunch of them.  Opening logs provides
not only more scrutiny of suspect cheaters, but provides a huge pool of data
for studying propagation, improving contest strategies, and probably lots of
other things that will keep data miners busy for years... I say let them
analyze all they want, I'll spend my time working on antennas and getting
ready for next year then read the executive summary.

David Robbins K1TTT
e-mail: mailto:k1ttt@arrl.net
web: http://www.k1ttt.net