Re: [CQ-Contest] Wireless keyboards

To: W70m@aol.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Wireless keyboards
From: Doug Smith <dougw9wi@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2009 19:49:47 -0600
On Sat, 2009-01-31 at 11:44 -0500, W70m@aol.com wrote:
> Checking the archives: there are several items on wireless  keyboards and
> mice.  My question is: what models work in a full power  station [including
> 10
> meters] and which ones DO NOT.

I have no experience with them in high-RF environments, but I do have
experience with them at work and have one bit of advice:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TO RUN MORE THAN ONE OF THESE ON THE SAME PREMISES!

(the remotes will automatically negotiate with the base station to find
a channel when the computer is booted.  Problem is, if there's more than
one base station within range, you have no idea which one it's going to
handshake with!  You could find the 40-meter keyboard controlling the
10-meter computer.....)