[CQ-Contest] 6Y1V non-submittal: something is strange

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] 6Y1V non-submittal: something is strange
From: kr2q@optimum.net
Date: Sun, 01 Feb 2009 01:54:46 +0000 (GMT)
Something just does not add up for me.  Please note that these postings were
made back in July 30, 2008....waaaay before the CQWWDX contests.

KY1V discusses OPEN LOGS
http://lists.contesting.com/archives//html/CQ-Contest/2008-07/msg00284.html

W1VE references CQWW having open logs; "the cats out of the bag"
http://lists.contesting.com/archives//html/CQ-Contest/2008-07/msg00299.html

Ken Harker replies lauding OPEN LOGS as a step towards "fair log adjudication."
No mention of EXPOSURE OF CHEATING as a motivation.
http://lists.contesting.com/archives//html/CQ-Contest/2008-07/msg00309.html

Certainly, it is now and has been well known that CQWW has OPEN LOGS....well,
assuming that you read the CQWW Rules prior to entry or read the CQ-Contest
reflector.

Now here is the issue for me.....
If someone wants to protest, fine!  Boston Tea Party and all that.....

BUT...how come 6Y1V submitted a log for CQWW 2008 SSB?

See it yourself at http://www.cqww.com/logs-received_ssb.htm
Be sure to scroll down ONE page to get to the 6Y range.

What happened between SSB and CW?  I always love a good mystery, but I
would genuinely like to know!!

de Doug KR2Q