Re: [CQ-Contest] Do all contest participants need to follow the rules?

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Do all contest participants need to follow the rules?
From: James Duffey <JamesDuffey@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 15 Mar 2009 16:11:12 -0600
Jim - You wrote:

"Last December I had the occasion to drive from Cleveland to
Arlington, VA, on the Sunday of the ARRL 10 meter contest. To make the
drive more interesting I put the 10 meter HamStick on the car, and to
avoid additional confusion used a different callsign in each state.
Nobody seemed to mind the extra qsos in their log, and several guys in
Florida seemed really happy to work the District of Columbia on SSB in
the last hour of the contest."
This is another example of the circumstances that prompt my question.
Those who do follow the rules can receive some benefit from someone
who does not. In this case additional multipliers, and extra QSOs in
the log. Are only those who submit a log expected to follow contest
rules?
In this case, I agree the ARRL has omitted the participation of mobile
stations, not only in the HF contests other than Field Day, but also
in VHF contests where if the mobile station operates in a single grid,
he has no category to enter.

--
KK6MC
James Duffey