Re: [CQ-Contest] WPX OffTimes

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] WPX OffTimes
From: David Gilbert <xdavid@cis-broadband.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2009 14:32:13 -0700
Exactly.  Here's a further way of looking at the issue.  Let's say that
I plan to operate both Saturday and Sunday of the contest, and I plan to
take 4 hours off time on Saturday and 8 hours off time on Sunday when
things tend to slow down.  But Saturday night my rig blows up and I
can't finish out the contest as I had planned.  Do the lost hours on
Sunday (and the inability to turn them into "off" time via a terminating
QSO or two) preclude me from submitting a valid entry?  I hardly think so.

This seems to me to be a situation where semantics are taking precedence
over common sense.

73,
Dave   AB7E