Re: [CQ-Contest] WPX rules from the past

To: "'Randy Thompson K5ZD'" <k5zd@charter.net>, "'K0HB'" <kzerohb@gmail.com>, <kr2q@optimum.net>, "'CQ-Contest'" <CQ-Contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] WPX rules from the past
From: "Tonno Vahk" <tonno.vahk@mail.ee>
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2009 14:22:16 +0200
Actually I just started to think that it does not matter if time before and
after is called OFF TIME or not!

IT IS NOT COUNTED ON TIME and that is what matters. The rules (opposite to
Cabrillo file, though) do not require 12 hours OFF TIME but 36h ON TIME.

Thus Hans and Milt are saying the same thing as Randy!? Meaning ON TIME
start when you get ON and ends when you get OFF. OFF TIMES of min 60 min in
between count. But anything outside of the ON TIME then is OFF time by
default even if we are not calling it OFF TIME, isn't it?? Thus whatever the
name - lost time - or otherwise it still counts as OFF TIME for the purposes
of rules as it is not included in ON TIME.

So everyone is saying the same thing after all.

es5tv