Re: [CQ-Contest] multi-contesting

To: "Julius Fazekas" <phriendly1@yahoo.com>, "Jim Reisert AD1C" <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] multi-contesting
From: "Ron Notarius W3WN" <wn3vaw@verizon.net>
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2009 18:54:11 -0400
It didn't help that after MARAC had put their list together, some of the
MARAC people started demanding that all state QSO parties switch to their
abbrevriations.

As I recall, one state QSO party did switch, at least for one year... and it
caused problems for a couple of others when people who THOUGHT the MARAC
abbrevriations were now the "official" ones for ALL state QSO parties.

And then, jumping on the bandwagon where those who claimed that the MARAC
abbrevriations were actually mandated by the ARRL, so of course the
anti-ARRL crowd used that to denounce the League (never let facts get in the
way of a juicy rumor).

It was an ugly, ugly mess before it all died down.

Yes, 'twas a shame.  But maybe we should let that sleeping dog lie?

73