Re: [CQ-Contest] multi-contesting

To: "'cq contest'" <CQ-Contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] multi-contesting
From: "David Levine" <david@levinecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2009 10:01:28 -0400
What would help the casual operator is also consistency. Imagine if you
could pop into many contests and know what needs to be done? Do I need to
send a serial number? My state? Both? Something else?

Also, last weekend, many in-state ops were giving the full names of the
counties they were in. Since I'm not familiar with say all counties in OK or
ND, it would be best for operators to give the county abbreviation,
phonetically, that needs to be record. As an example, is Benson BEN or BSN?
Wouldn't giving "You are 599 in BEN - Bravo - Echo - November" easier on the
casual ops? I need to keep a web page open for each of the QSO parties where
the contest sponsor typically lists the counties in the state and their
abbreviations.

Consistency and ease for the casual operator should *one* of the goals taken
into account when defining the rules for any contest, especially QSO parties
where I personally notice a lot more non-traditional contesters working
stations.

K2DSL - David