Re: [CQ-Contest] Sweepstakes -Automatic Fill - 93 or 67

To: "'Joe'" <nss@mwt.net>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Sweepstakes -Automatic Fill - 93 or 67
From: "Robert Naumann" <w5ov@w5ov.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2009 08:59:22 -0500
Joe,

What is your callsign?

Please read the rest of my email where I explain where the number likely
came from.

Please also read the actual rules and note that there is no mention of any
penalty or anything related to verification of the validity of the check
being a specific number. Just because it is mentioned in the rule, does not
imply that there is a need to assign a penalty.

As I mentioned, using the last 2 of your first year licensed is merely a
convenient number that everyone *can* use to put in place of the check in
the exchange format. It serves no other purpose and has no other meaning.

Maybe the ARRL will see all of this silly discussion and add something to
the rule to make clear that the number sent does not really matter as long
as it remains constant throughout a contest. They have made this statement
in the past informally.

73,

Bob W5OV