Re: [CQ-Contest] Band Plans

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Band Plans
From: VR2BrettGraham <vr2bg@harts.org.hk>
Date: Sun, 07 Jun 2009 14:48:45 +0000
EW1AR/NP3D said:

>I was always wondering why many stations using 40 meters band working SSB on
>or about 7.020 - 7.007 MHz for example? Regardless of geographical
>locations.
>As fas as I am aware, the *lowest frequency allowed for SSB mode is 7.040
>MHz* in all Countries, this is like a small segment of that so called
>"universal Plan"...
>Isn't this a reason to DQ such violators?

Not true, in three of the four countries I am/have been
licensed in recent years, there are no restrictions on what
mode I can use where (other than no pulse or fast-scan TV
below 5.7 Gc from VR2).

OH6LI recently advised there is also no restriction on
where SSB can be used on 40m in Finland.

Therefore your awareness is not valid.

So far, the only place with 7040 as a bottom for phone is
Russia.  Japan 7025.  And where ever USA can go down to
now.  Anyone know of any others places that have a
restriction on where SSB can be used on 40m?  Especially
in EU?

I'm beginning to wonder if this 7040 restriction thing is just
the IARU Region 1 band plan rearing its ugly head in
another way, has been repeated so many times now that
everyone accepts it as the truth.

73, ex-VR2BG/p.