Re: [CQ-Contest] Band Plans

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Band Plans
From: Art RX9TX <rx9tx@qrz.ru>
Date: Mon, 8 Jun 2009 23:09:01 +0600
 VR2BrettGraham wrote:

>>Maybe I am wrong, still remembering those old good days in ex USSR,
>>where we were not allowed to SSB below 7.040 Mhz

V> Actually, the good old days continue in Russia.

Thanks  God they do :) I'd hate to see CW portion of the band polluted
by SSBers :)

I  don't  quite  understand  what exactly makes you that angry on 7040
boundary  limit  so you call them "monster" or "ugly head", it looks a
bit  overreacted. Since 40 m band has been extended up to 7200 I would
even prefer the new obligatory 40m band plan to be set worldwide so we
could  have  40  m  band  plan  similar to other bands, something like
7000-7200 for CW, 7070-7100 for digital and 7100-7200 for SSB.

--
 RX9TX
 http://rx9tx.qrz.ru

 "Who the hell wants to hear actors talk?" [H.M. Warner, Warner Brothers,
1927.]