Re: [CQ-Contest] CQWW Xtreme Categories

To: Doug Grant <dougk1dg@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] CQWW Xtreme Categories
From: David Gilbert <xdavid@cis-broadband.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Jun 2009 14:46:10 -0700

I personally think this is a very bold and interesting new category, but
I also think it is a mistake to allow those scores to be added to the
club scores.  The way Rule 10 is currently stated,  a small but well
funded club could set up remote and robotic stations anywhere in the
world for use by its members and totally inflate their club score.  Yes,
those members individually would all have to enter in the Xtreme
category, but the club itself would be able to compete against other
clubs with no such technology.

Why was it necessary to do that?

73,
Dave   AB7E