Re: [CQ-Contest] CQWW Xtreme Categories

To: "K0HB" <K0HB@ARRL.ORG>, "Doug Grant" <dougk1dg@gmail.com>, "CQ-Contest" <CQ-Contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] CQWW Xtreme Categories
From: "Robert Chudek - K0RC" <k0rc@citlink.net>
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2009 15:36:32 -0500
I support the idea of innovations and advancement of the radiosport, and
amateur radio in general.

The new Xtreme category triggered a different thought while I was reading
the discussion. All the VHF/UHF contests I am aware of explicitly forbid
"repeater" contacts. To me, the Xtreme category pretty much allows
"repeater" contacts on the HF bands.

So the question is whether this category might be added to the VHF/UHF rules
in the future as well?

73 de Bob - KØRC in MN