Re: [CQ-Contest] The Old WoodPecker

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] The Old WoodPecker
From: "N7mal" <n7mal@citlink.net>
Date: Sat, 20 Jun 2009 22:57:46 -0000
I have been humbled, but first thanks for the reports. Apparently it was
heard from the Atlantic to the Pacific generally at the same signal level.
While it was on it wiped the middle-level and low-level sigs, from Asia,
during the AA Contest. The really strong sigs were not effected. I have not
yet heard from anyone on the AA side of the pacific.

Now about being humbled: 2 different guys reported the signal strength to me
and both basically said they had only heard stories about the woodpecker
years ago from 'old-timers' in their local radio clubs. I was able to
identify the signal within 30 seconds by listening to it and tuning through
it. I really feel like an 'ole-fart' now.
If anyone on the Asia side of the Pacific please report it.
Best 73

MAL
N7MAL
BULLHEAD CITY, AZ