Re: [CQ-Contest] The Old WoodPecker

To: "N7mal" <n7mal@citlink.net>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] The Old WoodPecker
From: "Jim Weidner K2JXW / ARLHS" <weidner@waterw.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Jun 2009 08:12:38 -0400
For the last few days I have been hearing a strong signal on 14.274 and on
14.335 (+/-).  This goes on 24/7 and it sounds like some sort of digital or
sound coded format, but doesnt decode in PSK or any of the other digital
formats. Definitely not SSTV.   It doesnt sound like the buzz-saw the I
recall from Woodpecker days.  Is anyone else hearing this -- or is it my
receiver (756-PRO)?

Jim
K2JXW