Re: [CQ-Contest] Five DQ's Mark 2008 CQ WW SSB

To: "CQ-Contest@contesting. com" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Five DQ's Mark 2008 CQ WW SSB
From: "Dave - AB7E" <xdavid@cis-broadband.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2009 10:23:50 -0700
The responses from those who were DQ'd offer interesting insight into their
attitudes toward cheating.  These folks admit intentionally and blatantly
violating an important contest rule, thereby attempting to gain an unfair
advantage over more honest competitors, and yet they feel disqualification was
an "over-reaction".  That would be like me robbing a bank and expecting my
penalty if I got caught to be merely having to return the money.  And these are
people from the upper echelon of the sport!

For what it may be worth, one of those same stations clearly and explicitly
asked me to spot them on the cluster when I worked them in the 2009 CQ WPX CW
contest (yes, I reported it), so I'm not inclined to put much credence into
sympathetic excuses about isolated errors in judgment.

Dave   AB7E