Re: [CQ-Contest] Five DQ's Mark 2008 CQ WW SSB

To: "'CQ Contest'" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Five DQ's Mark 2008 CQ WW SSB
From: "Ron Notarius W3WN" <wn3vaw@verizon.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2009 19:15:58 -0400
I would think that if a given station's clock was off, be it by a minute or
5 or 10, all of it's QSO's would also be off.

So if it appears, when matching logs up, that QQ1Q was consistently off by 2
minutes, the computer software looking for this could make the corresponding
correction (or at least put up a "Human! Look at this!" warning flag) so
that you would not, or should not, be penalized because the other guy's
clock (or yours) was off.

Of course, how the log checkers check this stuff is held pretty closely, so
we may guess but may never know.

73