Re: [WriteLog] Vista OS

To: K0HB <K0HB@ARRL.ORG>,"microHAM Reflector" <microHAM@yahoogroups.com>, "hamlogger" <hamlogger@yahoogroups.com>, "WriteLog Reflector" <writelog@contesting.com>, "CQ-Contest" <CQ-Contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Vista OS
From: Jerry Flanders <jeflanders@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 07 Aug 2009 12:36:11 -0400
I can recommend the full size desktop computer I bought a couple
months ago specifically for my new Flex 5000a/RX2/Writelog/digitalwhatever.

It is the Systemax VXQ2, around $600 (
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/searchtools/item-Details.asp?EdpNo=4234804&sku=SYX-2024&srkey=vxq2

)

It came with:
      XP Pro OS, good for compatibility with existing ham software
(Vista Business is included if/when I need it)
      Q8200 Intel Quad high performance CPU
      Built-in serial and parallel ports (plus several USB ports)
      several open slots for expandability

If I had waited until now to order it, I would also have gotten a
free copy of Windows7 in October. I am running the XP Pro but have
the Vista available for use if I ever want it.

Much cheaper ones will work well - I needed high performance for SDR radio.

YMMV  Jerry W4UK