Re: [CQ-Contest] Station Inspections

To: cq-contest com <CQ-Contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Station Inspections
From: Michael Coslo <mjc5@psu.edu>
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2009 09:02:03 -0400
On Aug 12, 2009, at 6:32 PM, Warren C. Stankiewicz wrote:

> Ah, I can see it now...
>
> The next big trend in contest stations will be "Hiding
> Places" (reference
> Corrie Ten Boom) where operators and equipment can be secreted
> without being
> discovered by the CQ WW inspector teams (will they wear black
> uniforms?)
>
> And those of us who can really afford it will begin to construct
> underground
> lairs from where they can complete their plans to dominate the world
> of
> contesting. Yeah, baby!

Humor alert!

I was just hit by a brainstorm. A new contest: The World Ham
Cheatathlon!

There are only two classes:

QRP and Single Op Low power.

The catch is that no one is allowed to run QRP or low power.

All stations have to have multiple operators and operate legal limit
power at a minimum. (note we are not condoning illegal power, as that
is a law, not a contest rule.

Skimmer use is mandatory, as is packet. Proof of at least one operator
spending all their time at the computer surfing packet will be required.

Self spotting is mandatory, at least once a minute.

Stations may not operate from where they say they are operating from.

Since everyone is already doing this, the real excitement comes in
when the sponsors try to track down and DQ stations. The real skill
will be hiding your station from the DF equipment. The sponsor or
their assigns will swoop down upon the found station, and at that
point the Ops who couldn't disguise their operations good enough have
to go off the air.

Winners will be in reverse point order, and plaques for highest score
for a DQ' ed station and a special "Behind Every Tree" award for the
highest overall score.

-73 de Mike N3LI -