Re: [CQ-Contest] Station Inspections

To: Ken Claerbout <k4zw@comcast.net>, cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Station Inspections
From: <k8gt@mi.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Aug 2009 18:31:19 -0400
Thank Ken, for some clear headed, calm and rational discussion on the subject.
It has taken all these years to get to this point and now "the sky is gonna
fall" ? ? ?   Take a deep breath guys, there isn't a "Contest SWAT Team".

73, Gerry,  K8GT

---- Ken Claerbout <k4zw@comcast.net> wrote:

=============
Last post for me on this topic.

>you had to agree to allow a total stranger into your home in order >to be
>observed during the event!

 Lets look at the rule again.  "..must agree to a potential visitation at any
time during the contest by an observer appointed by the CQ WW Contest
Committee."  Sure in a case that warranted such, they could say this is the
observer.  Take it or leave it.  But could they not also decide to appoint an
officer of a local contest club or a mutually agreed to 3rd party, someone
trusted by both sides?  The idea of contest paratroopers dropping in during the
middle of the night makes for some lively discussion.  But seriously guys &
gals, do you think it is that sinister?  Do the 99% of you here honestly
believe the committee is going to ask to send an observer to your station?  I
don't see the hysteria as being warranted.  CQWW is the best DX contest we have
in my opinion.  If this option is needed to deter or deal with a few rotten
apples and it improves the integrity of the competition, that's a good thing.

Ken K4ZW  (now QRT)