Re: [CQ-Contest] Statio inspections

To: KI9A@aol.com, cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Statio inspections
From: <w1md@cfl.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 9:47:16 -0400
So...the same logic could be used in say...NASCAR when they have to have the
cars inspected prior to a race. Now why would ANY self respecting racers take a
chance and have something 'not right'...and yet it happens. But more important,
the rule is a preventative measure in my opinion. Will you EVER have a
situation where there is zero percent chance of someone cheating? If you think
so, let me know what you are smoking...it sounds gooooooood.

CQ is damned if they do and damned if they don't. Folks WANT the 'cheaters'
dealt with (except maybe the cheaters)...yet when CQ imposes a measure to do
just that it turns into HOME invasions...

For those politically minded I'm sure BDS and ODS have meaning...I am now going
to coin a new phrase LOSDS or Lack of Spots Derangement Syndrome. (humor
intended).

With the exception of physical hardware 'issues' like excessive power, I highly
suspect that the data mining and analysis are as good or better tools for
detecting rules infractions...the whole 'concept' of this new rule IMHO is to
be just one more deterrent...and if it takes the 20-30 suspects down to 5-10
well then it's done its job in my book.

I think a lot of folks are reading nefarious motives into something that is
simply an attempt to stem what is becoming a more VISIBLE problem in the
contesting world...

All that said...IF you have a better solution, by all means throw it out there
for discussion. All I see are the negatives as to why this isn't good or why
this won't work...heck, we haven't even seen it in action yet. Give it a couple
of rounds and THEN level your criticism...or not.

73,

Marty