Re: [CQ-Contest] Techniques of Ye Olden Days

To: "CQ-Contest" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Techniques of Ye Olden Days
From: "Tom Osborne" <w7why@verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 01 Sep 2009 14:40:32 -0700
Hi Greg

I think the last contest I did with pencil and paper was the CW  WPX around
'90.  I had 685 Q's and had to go through the log and sort the multipliers,
dupes, etc, by hand.  That actually took longer than doing the contest.  It
was a real PITA to figure mults, etc.  Keeping a dupe sheet was a real pain,
also.

That was also the last time I used a bug in a CW contest instead of a keyer.
It's a lot easier with a computer.  73

Tom W7WHY