Re: [CQ-Contest] CQWW RTTY interesting rules

To: "CQ-Contest" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] CQWW RTTY interesting rules
From: "Tom Osborne" <w7why@verizon.net>
Date: Sun, 20 Sep 2009 14:42:03 -0700

> Flame on....
>
> RTTY activity has dramatically increased in the past decade. Hasn't RTTY
> activity reached the point that the CQWW RTTY could have the same rules as
> the
> CQWW CW and SSB contests ?  Almost every weekend there is an
> everyone-works-everyone RTTY contest. Isn't it time for a world-class,
> everyone-works-only-DX RTTY contest ?  Until the CQWW RTTY adopts the same
> rules
> as its big brothers, it will be, in my mind, a poor cousin to the CQWW CW
> and
> CQWW SSB contests.
>
> 73,
> Steve, N2IC

Hi Steve

It might be fun from some parts of the country, but here on the left coast,
working DX in a contest is usually about a 1-2 hour stint in the morning for
the Eu opening (if theres an opening), then it's listening to the east coast
work Europe for the rest of the day.  Even the JA runs are not like they
used to be.

If we had spots, it might be fun, but the way it is now, most DX contests
suck from the left coast as far as activity.  IMHO  73
Tom W7WHY