[CQ-Contest] Young Ham's Selected for 2009 CQWW

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Young Ham's Selected for 2009 CQWW
From: "David Kopacz" <david.kopacz@aspwebhosting.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2009 02:09:31 -0500
We have finished the selection process for this year's Young Ham Contest
Program.

Having received dozens of essays from 5 continents we discovered we had
a rich pool of excellent young CW operators from which to choose.

This year, we decided to go back to our roots and sponsor CW operators
for the CQWW CW contest which we haven't done since 2004 when then 14
year old Daniel Bradke W2AU was selected as the first ever recipient of
this opportunity at VP5X.

Thanks to my partner Krassy K1LZ and a generous donation from a Texas
amateur (whom we'll announce later with permission), we decided to
select 4 young hams to comprise the base team for 6Y1V's CQWW CW
operation. With myself as the 5th team member, we have one spot open for
a 6th team member. If you're interested in participating in this once in
a life time adventure, let me know ASAP.

Congratulations to the following four lucky young hams:

K0DXC ~ Cal Darula of Jackson, Ohio
EA3ALZ ~ Roger Caminal of Sabadell Spain
OZ7AM ~ Alex Hansen of Vallensbaek Strand Denmark
RV9LM ~ Alexander Bezmenov of Tyumen Russia

See you in Jamaica in November!

David ~ KY1V