[CQ-Contest] A couple of post-CQWW observations

To: cq contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] A couple of post-CQWW observations
From: Jim Reisert AD1C <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2009 12:27:03 -0600
1.  For the most part, running stations were identifying themselves
often enough. 8P5A and PJ2T (and probably HC8A, I don't remember) were
the standouts here.  Way to go, guys!

Pet peeve:

    QRZ <dx call>
    "AD1C"
    AD1C 59 <zone>
    "Thanks 5904"
    <dx call>

So I did work him or not?  Did he lose my puny signal in the
QRM/QRM/QSB?  Please say SOMETHING besides just your call.  One
station repeated the zone back to everyone.  I liked that, especially
since my zone doesn't match my callsign.

2.  There were OH SO MANY USA stations operating too close to 7125.
You may have seen comments in my packet spots, or announces directed
at me, or from me on packet.  If you don't know how LSB works, get
your license manual and study up!  There was similar problem on the
high end of 20, but it was not nearly as bad as the low end of 40.

I saw some unenlightened comments on the DX cluster about K3EST
"policing" the bands.  Please visit http://www.cqww.com people!

73 - Jim AD1C

--
Jim Reisert AD1C, <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>, http://www.ad1c.us