Re: [CQ-Contest] skimmer spotting? club spotting?

To: Tree <tree@kkn.net>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] skimmer spotting? club spotting?
From: Pete Smith <n4zr@contesting.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2009 07:10:26 -0400
The Skimmer thing is a red herring - Skimmer prevents self-spotting
unless you deliberately tell Skimmer that your call is something other
than your own, which is a dead giveaway of nefarious intent.  In any
case, Skimmer spots are not being pumped into the Internet spotting
network, and I hope that never happens.

But the real bottom line is simple - technological considerations aside,
self-spotting is against the rules.  Would you allow sailboat racers to
use outboard motors, simply because they are available, or because
someone forgot to be totally categorical in writing the rules for a
particular regatta?

73, Pete N4ZR
New Articles Daily - the Contesting Compendium at http://wiki.contesting.com
The World Contest Station Database, updated daily at www.conteststations.com