[CQ-Contest] A couple of post-CQWW observations

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] A couple of post-CQWW observations
From: "Larry - K7SV" <k7sv@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2009 01:37:44 -0400
AD1C said:

"Pet peeve:

    QRZ <dx call>
    "AD1C"
    AD1C 59 <zone>
    "Thanks 5904"
    <dx call>

So I did work him or not?  Did he lose my puny signal in the
QRM/QRM/QSB?  Please say SOMETHING besides just your call.  One
station repeated the zone back to everyone.  I liked that, especially
since my zone doesn't match my callsign."

Many of the ops who are seriously competing want as much brevity as possible
in what they do. I've never had a problem with a station that simply signs
his call to indicate that he received the exchange and is waiting for
another call. As far as I'm concerned it's understood and if he missed
something he's going to ask.

If someone is going to be efficient with words, I'd just as soon the
individual just sign his call rather than just qrz or thanks.

Just my opinion.

73 de Lar K7SV