[CQ-Contest] FT1000MP "contest" filters

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] FT1000MP "contest" filters
From: Ezequiel Reinaldi <lu1fdu@yahoo.com.ar>
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2009 11:31:12 -0700 (PDT)
Hi to everyone,

Just for SSB contest use, i am planning to purchase an INRAD roofing filter and
pair of INRAD 1.8 khz filters for my yaesu FT1000 mp , but some friends tell me
not to fit 1.8 khz ones, instead put a pair of INRAD 2.1 khz.

The goal is to have extreme selectivity on crowded bands, but the RX audio
must be readable.

What do you think? Any experience?

I also want to buy a filter for RTTY (also for contest use) .
Actually i am using the OEM 500 HZ + OEM 2.4 khz.
An INRAD  250 hz. could be fine or must be 400 hz to replace the 2.4 khz.?

Those filters being purchased from Argentina cost twice than on USA, so i must
take a good choice !!

Best Regards,

Ezequiel Reinaldi LU1FDU / LP2F

      Yahoo! Cocina