Re: [CQ-Contest] 40m "new" approach to staying in the band?

To: <kr2q@optimum.net>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] 40m "new" approach to staying in the band?
From: "VE5ZX" <ve5zx@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Nov 2009 08:53:55 -0600
> Recently, there has been some comment (privately and otherwise) about USA
> guys being
> "out of the band" on 40 SSB.  Namely, how close to 7125 can you get, not
> the "ooops"
> type of split event where you end up using the "wrong" VFO.

And how do we solve the problem of dozens of stateside contestants that were
working DX stations like 3DA0WW around 14135 and lower in the CQWW SSB? In
these cases we know that the "wrong" VFO is not the problem. What is
bewildering is why DX stations who know they are in the foreign phone band
work stateside stations when they know they shouldn't be in that part of the
band? Shouldn't both stations be DQ'd?

... Sylvan

Sylvan Katz, VE5ZX
Saskatoon, SK