Re: [CQ-Contest] 40m "new" approach to staying in the band?

To: "'Zack Widup'" <w9sz.zack@gmail.com>, "'CQ Contest'" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] 40m "new" approach to staying in the band?
From: "Rick Lindquist, WW3DE" <ww3de@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2009 10:28:44 -0500
While OO reports carry no official FCC weight, the Commission does take them
into consideration, especially in the case of flagrant or ongoing
violations.

The FCC no longer takes the hard-nose stance on incidental violations of the
amateur rules it once did (ie, 50 years or so ago, when I was first licensed
and got an advisory letter about my second harmonic). Also, few FCC
monitoring personnel copy CW anymore; those who can know the code because
they're hams.

Thanks for all the Qs during SS! I'm dedicating my operation to my friend
and neighbor Dallas, W3PP.

Rick, WW3DE