Re: [CQ-Contest] SS Musings...

Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] SS Musings...
From: John Laney <k4bai@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2009 22:58:22 -0500
Warren C. Stankiewicz wrote:
> In and among these various discussions about when to QRS...
>
> It used to be, once upon a time, the contest rules had "suggested
> frequencies" for slower speed CW. I suspect they probably evaporated along
> with the old Novice license.
>
> Is it worthwhile to try to bring back, though? If we tell people who aren't
> "proficient" at CW there is a place for them to "try it out", would they
> show up, and if they did, would it be worthwhile to try to work them (albeit
> at a shorter pace)?
>
> I know that it'd be worthwhile for me to work them, especially during the
> doldrums when every contact is an effort. Getting them to show up and give
> this a try, however, seems to be the trick.
>
> With malice towards none,
>
> Warren, NF1J

Why not suggest QRS SS operations on 7100 to 7125, 14101 to 14125 and
21100 to 21125 and just for the future 28100 to 28125?  Particularly on
40M, I think this would be a good idea.  The SKCC Sprints have adoped a
suggested alternate 40M frequency of 7113 and this seems to work very
well, especially when the usual 7055 area frequencies are covered with
RTTY stations. I think the state QSO Parties should do the same thing on
40M.  73, John, K4BAI.