[CQ-Contest] Preliminary 2010 CQ WPX SSB/CW Contest Rules

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Preliminary 2010 CQ WPX SSB/CW Contest Rules
From: "Larry - K7SV" <k7sv@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2009 13:56:28 -0500
Al Crespo (F5VHJ) and George Fremin III (K5TR) both make very valid points.
I think the question is, how would the rule change affect the following
considerations?

1. Would we gain or lose activity?

2. If approved would the current multi singlers beef up to M/2 or enter per
the new M/S rules?

3. To continue enjoying the ability to have more activity as a multi, is it
worth it to the current M/S to upgrade to a more competitive M/2 if the rule
change is approved?

4. Would we gain additional M/S entries with the new rule?

5. Would a true multi single be more difficult to cheat at than current
rules?

6. Would adjudication of a true multi single be easier?

Something I like about Randy's proposal is the fact that he's thrown the old
argument about records vs category changes out the door.   I play the game
for enjoyment and competition in current times, not to rest in the glory of
past victories. Maybe someone who's had a lot of victories in the past looks
at this differently, but I doubt they are anywhere near a majority.

Cyall in WWCW!

73 de Lar K7SV