Re: [CQ-Contest] Is it time to reevaluate CQWW Scoring Rules?

To: "'John Geiger'" <aa5jg@yahoo.com>, "'David Kopacz'" <david.kopacz@aspwebhosting.com>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>, <wc1m73@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Is it time to reevaluate CQWW Scoring Rules?
From: "Dick Green WC1M" <wc1m73@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 5 Dec 2009 01:02:18 -0500
Without extra credit for distance, there's less incentive to work the world.
Countries and continents with large population would have less incentive to
work outside their borders, except to get individual mults. I don't think it
would be as interesting a contest. CQ WW was clearly designed to reward
participants for working stations outside their country and continent.

73, Dick WC1M