Re: [CQ-Contest] Is it time to reevaluate CQWW Scoring Rules?

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Is it time to reevaluate CQWW Scoring Rules?
From: Dale Putnam <daleputnam@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 6 Dec 2009 16:34:43 -0700
'Course, there is one other way to look at this... and that is really really
simple...

1.  These are the rules of this contest.

2. I agree with_____  don't agree with_____ these rules

3 I will ------see directly above------ will not play.

end. Done. no more conversation. No changing the rules to make it play my way,
your way.. their way... just done!

How about a little different one..

Exactly what propagation was occurring that assisted or not.. a high score...
or a low score.

Depict it in a GUI.. interactive... and based on real information obtainable
from sources like NOAA, and predictive. There is a tool that anyone could use.
For example...

the propagation is predicted to allow me to make contacts from here to there
with qrp.. at this exact time.... but not 10 minutes later. or 10 minutes
earlier... on this freq... so if I want that Q... I'll be there... and so will
3000, others.... ah... but there is the stickler... there isn't 3000 guys close
enough to bother.. if the window is only 10 minutes wide....

Now.. put our heads together and lets see if we can getter done by .... say....

CQ160?

 and while you're at it.. toss in the actual scores at the end of the
contest... not three days or weeks or even later...

 Lots of things to iron out.. ?

Yes...

But it is progress... the end result?

A whole lotta fellows would understand propagation better.

Dale - WC7S in Wy