Re: [CQ-Contest] Is it time to reevaluate CQWW Scoring Rules?

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Is it time to reevaluate CQWW Scoring Rules?
From: Art RX9TX <rx99tx@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Dec 2009 12:47:57 +0500
 David Kopacz wrote:

DK> EA8CMX 476,652 1264 27 105
DK> GI0KOW 414,392 2270 26 110

DK> I am very interested in ideas how the scoring system could be changed in
DK> a manner that gives everyone a fair chance to win, regardless of
DK> location.

The idea has been sounded many times, ONLY the QSO points system based
on distance can more or less be considered as "fair".

But  even in this case, the DX locations will EVER have advantage over
those  located, say, in Europe, like V47NT had (yes he did!) advantage
over EF8U.

--
 RX9TX
 http://rx9tx.qrz.ru

 "If you want to feel rich, just count all of the things you have that money
can't buy."