[CQ-Contest] CQ Sponsored Contests are really good contests...

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] CQ Sponsored Contests are really good contests...
From: Scott Currier <scott_currier@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Dec 2009 07:22:48 +0000

Let's face it, the CQ contests are really good and they're a lot of fun as they
stand today.

No matter what CQ or other contest sponsor does someone is going to complain
about it.

I think that if you're going to decide if rules make sense or not you have to
look at them with the sponsors contest objectives in mind as well as whether or
not the rule creates any rewards for things that really shouldn't be rewarded
such as being 10 feet outside of a population center.

I also think that if you want to change a contest you need to first look at the
objectives. If the change is not covered by the objectives or is contrary to
the objectives. The first thing that needs to be changed is the objective or
objectives. First make it clear to everyone what you are trying to accomplish
then talk about the rule changes necessary to accomplish it.

It's not my intention to give CQ a bad time. They're great. I do subscribe to
CQ and POP Comm as well.

I'm just using them as examples because thats what others have been talking
about.

73 and good contesting.

Scott Currier KT1B
Haverhill, MA