Re: [CQ-Contest] IARU band plans - just what are they?

To: CQ-Contest MailList <cq-contest@contesting.com>, Don Field <don.field@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] IARU band plans - just what are they?
From: Julius Fazekas <phriendly1@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Dec 2009 04:24:25 -0800 (PST)
Thanks for the response Don.

Some contests are certainly easier to contain within the recommended
frequencies. This is one of those things where size definitely matters.

This is an ancient battle in the Amateur Radio community and always rears it's
head after weekends where tens of thousands of hams around the world
participate in contesting. Short of ending contest activities altogether, I
suspect it will continue.

It's a delicate balance and little fun for the adjudicators.

Cheers,
Julius

Julius Fazekas
N2WN