Re: [CQ-Contest] How to log an air mobile station in ARRL-10 contest?

To: Oliver Dröse <droese@necg.de>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] How to log an air mobile station in ARRL-10 contest?
From: David Pruett <k8cc@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2009 19:51:03 -0500
Oliver,

I'm the guy who checks the 10M logs (or perhaps more precisely, the guys
who wrote the software that I execute to check the 10M logs), so here is
the what we have been checking to.

I agree with you that the rules seem strangely silent on the subject of
aeronautical mobiles.  No, I did not write the rules.  OTOH, in the ten
or so years I've been checking the logs for this contest, there have
only been a handful of QSOs reported with aeronautical mobile stations,
so it's not an issue with big impact.

Philosophically, if you allow maritime mobiles, why not aeronautical
mobiles since both type share similar characteristics.  So log it in the
same way as a maritime mobile.  Our logchecking software requires any
QSO with a callsign ending in "/MM" or ("/AM") to have a region
designator as the received exchange; that is, it must be "R1", "R2" or
"R3".  The "R" allows us to identify it as a region, not a QSO number.

73, Dave Pruett, K8CC