Re: [CQ-Contest] Replacement for Novice Roundup?

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Replacement for Novice Roundup?
From: "Randy Thompson K5ZD" <k5zd@charter.net>
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2009 16:43:46 -0000
While not exactly what you are suggesting, the WPX Contest has a ROOKIE
category that is for anyone who has been licensed less than 3 years.  It is
quite popular on SSB and gets less entries on CW.  Judging from the soapbox
comments, it does encourage people to enter a contest for the first time.  I
also think they like having the chance to compete against others that are
new to contesting as well.

Any contest could add a newcomer class very easily.

Randy, K5ZD