Re: [CQ-Contest] Log checking with mismatched bands

To: Don Field <don.field@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Log checking with mismatched bands
From: David Levine <david@levinecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Jan 2010 09:30:57 -0500
Don (and others),

Thanks for the responses on and off the list. In my case, the running
station appears to be wrong. Though I was S&Ping, I was only on the band I
logged that contact on and it's directly between 2 frequencies of the
previous and next contacts on that band. Plus I only have 1 radio so there's
no opportunity, unless I manually switch bands and the software should
follow, for me to make a contact on another band. I wasn't using any
spotting network so it couldn't have been an erroneous click either. So just
using the Run station vs the S&P station doesn't seem to be valid, at least
in my case.

Of course if there are submitted logs for the other stations that he worked
preceding/following me, maybe it would help highlight the issue and
hopefully show the run station had something go awry.

I think the most important info and it seems all have posted, is that if
they can't make it obvious through other methods which is right/wrong, then
either both stations are given a NIL or both given an Ok. I don't like the
NIL since I'm possibly penalized for someone elses mistake but I guess it's
no different then a Run station not logging my S&P contact with them for any
of a dozen reasons.

73,
K2DSL - David