Re: [CQ-Contest] Did I cheat in NAQP CW?

To: W0MU Mike Fatchett <w0mu@w0mu.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Did I cheat in NAQP CW?
From: Idle-Tyme <nss@mwt.net>
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2010 09:43:40 -0600
W0MU Mike Fatchett wrote:
>  3.  Late in the 'Test I made a desperate jump to 40M (which was already
> pretty dead by the time I started the 'Test).  I heard somebody tuning up,
> and a well-know station in GA called CQ NA.  I listened for a moment, and
> heard him get no answers.  So I called him by name, and said "You are vy
> loud but nobody is here.  GL"
>
> Did I make him multi-op?  (He did keep calling CQ.)  Should we never give
> ANY info that might help the other guy, including "VY LOUD" or (as my buddy
> N6XI once said to me) "P**S WEAK".  BTW, I reserve the right to tell N3AM he
> is very loud.  I think that from the top of his tower John can see my
> antenna ...if he looks down.
This IS a good question! For even when I'm in a test going for the best
score possible, (I'll never get a "WIN" anymore due to the nature of my
station now)  But anyway, I always have in the past, have told guys like
on the upper bands where you can't hear a local.  Like 20, 15, 10, Where
two guys say one in AZ and one in NM for me here in WI they are both
strong and equal in strength to the point where it's nearly impossible
to get anything out of them if they both are talking at the same time,
yet of course they don't hear each other.

I have once I get in there have told them that they are like almost
exactly on top of each other.  both strong 20over but Q-1 due to the
interference to each other.

Sometime they both ignore me,  others one or BOTH he he he  end up
sliding some.  I've even been thanked later in the contest for the
information for they say after moving their rate more than doubled.

So, now IS this legal for them to use this information offered?

It would be almost like firing up a web radio in the area you are hoping
to be heard well in just to see if you are being heard and how well or
if you should slide some.  Hmmmmm?

Joe WB9SBD