Re: [CQ-Contest] arrl dx cw spotting report

To: "Barry" <w2up@comcast.net>, "Fabian Kurz" <mail@fkurz.net>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] arrl dx cw spotting report
From: "Jim Neiger" <n6tj@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2010 10:20:17 -0800
Oh the Wonderful World of Packet (WWOP)

For those who champion its existence, be careful for what you ask...........
How sad that our beloved past-time has been relegated to this nonsense:

          (1)  someone has to tell us all as to whom was spotted the most
times

          (2) someone has to tell us all who was the Champion of Spotters

          (3) we have to speak of the ilk of LZ3ND and all WWOP
self-spotters

          (4) we have to worry our call was busted on a spot, and then
withstand the flurry of dupes because some idiot can't copy code, or can't
see his code reader

          (5) my dear friend 4L5A / D4B feels compelled to reach into his
wallet to finance observer travels  because of the prevalence of WWOP
cheater's

Our hobby is truly much less than it once was because of packet.  Shame on
us all.

Jim Neiger,   N6TJ  ZD8Z