Re: [CQ-Contest] ARRL Contest logging question: PE and PEI

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] ARRL Contest logging question: PE and PEI
From: "John Boudreau" <John_Boudreau@gov.nt.ca>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2010 07:38:01 -0700
I take the list of states and provinces in section 5 of the rules as the
'official' position on abbreviations so I was sending NWT all weekend instead
of the more normal and expedient NT.  Sounded like a very small number had
issues with it, including the ARRL contest robot that wanted to see a valid
section abbreviation (NT) instead of NWT.  That was fine for me but VY1EI is
having some issues getting his log submitted from Yukon.

Maybe it's time to harmonize the multiplier list with SS and go by ARRL
sections or at least revise everything to use proper postal abbreviations.  And
what's up with Labrador?  It's been part of Newfoundland for 200 years now...

73
John - VE8EV