Re: [CQ-Contest] SWL QSL cards

To: "Ryan Jairam" <rjairam@gmail.com>, "John" <shore1@xplornet.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] SWL QSL cards
From: "Edward Swynar" <gswynar@durham.net>
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2010 17:53:11 -0500
Ryan wrote:

"...But I've been an SWL for over 20 years myself and the SWL hobby is
definitely on the decline..."

It's no wonder the hobby is on the decline...

I was shocked upon my return to casual SWL'ing last year, with the
conspicuous absence on the airwaves of the once-stalwart VOA, BBC, and
others.

One can only take-in so many religious surmons, and left-wing / right-wing
political rants. What complete & utter garbage! If the airwaves were like
they are now, only some 31 years ago, I seriously doubt that I would have
bothered to tune the bands myself back then.

~73!~ de Eddy VE3CUI - VE3XZ