Re: [CQ-Contest] serial numbers

To: Zack Widup <w9sz.zack@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] serial numbers
From: Ryan Jairam <rjairam@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2010 09:45:00 -0400
I hope no one complains when the contest committee either changes or
"clarifies" the rules due to abuse.

And yes, this can probably be considered as abuse.

But why bother anyway?  Having high serial numbers is only going to
encourage your competition to be more aggressive anyway, so it may not
work to your advantage.

Ryan N2RJ

On Mon, Mar 15, 2010 at 2:21 AM, Zack Widup <w9sz.zack@gmail.com> wrote:
> Because other sequences than n+1 would be a lot more fun. How about
> factorials?
> :-)
>
> 73, Zack W9SZ
>

> On Sun, Mar 14, 2010 at 9:49 PM, Ron Notarius W3WN <wn3vaw@verizon.net> wrote:
>> Progressive.
>> Sequential.
>> Incremental.
>> Consecutive.
>>
>> I should think the intention, obviously, is that you start with 1 for the
>> first QSO, 2 for the second, 3 for the 3rd, and so on.
>>
>> Such a simple concept.  And yet it appears to be somewhat controversial...
>> else why would there be so much arguing about it?
>>
>> 73

Ryan A. Jairam,