Re: [CQ-Contest] In-state stations in QSO Parties...

To: cq-contest@contesting.com, Robert Chudek - K0RC <k0rc@citlink.net>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] In-state stations in QSO Parties...
From: Julius Fazekas <phriendly1@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2010 04:42:42 -0700 (PDT)
Another method of calling CQ can give a clue also, "CQ FQP" generally tells me
someone is in Florida (or whatever state) where "CQ FL" means you're in the
contest but looking for Florida stations.

The nice thing about Bob's method, particularly in states that have a lot of
mobiles running, is that you can tell where they are or even IF they are
mobile/portable.

I'm curious, some of the mobiles end a contact with "QRZ de N2WN/M" or "CQ TQP
de N2WN/GRA" or something equally long. Is this done so folks have time to log?
Seems inefficient otherwise... I like to use "TU N2WN/GRA" with the thought
that if someone botched the exchange, we don't have to play the repeat game and
anyone stumbling on you knows exactly who and where. Of course, I'm a glutton
for punishment as I run QRP mobile hihi

73,
Julius

Julius Fazekas